Friday, August 27, 2010

Lazy Day Dinner

I live alone. It has its perks, but, it has its drawbacks too. One of these being that I usually don't get very excited when it's dinner time. (I mean, really, who looks forward to eating alone?)

I guess that's why I am always experimenting in the kitchen -- I stay busy and it helps me forget to be lonely.

Sometimes, I want something that tastes good but doesn't require a lot of fuss. Sometimes, I want "comfort food". This simple chicken and potatoes dish is a perfect fit for both!



 Roast Chicken With Potatoes


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Wash and quarter 1 pound of small red skinned potatoes. If they're really small you can cut them in half and it will be fine. Put potatoes in a bowl and add;

1/2 -1 tsp salt (depending on how much you like salt)
1/4 tsp. rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp. dried basil, crushed
1/4 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 or 3 good swirls (is swirls a measurement?) of olive oil

Toss to coat. Put in a 9x13x2 dish.

For the chicken;

1/2 - 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
Olive Oil

Mix together in a small bowl and add enough olive oil to make a paste.

When you have your chicken ready (I usually only do bone-in chicken breasts because I don't like dark meat), rub your chicken with the spice paste and lay on top of the potatoes. (Yes, I know it sounds weird, BUT, when the chicken cooks the juice from the chicken runs down into the potatoes and makes them YUMMY!)

Bake for 1 hour.

That's all there is to it!

2 comments:

  1. Trish, this looks wonderful. I am new to your blog but love the recipes and foods you featured so far. I'll be back often. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary! I found your blog and I must say that I only hope with time that mine can be as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete