Sunday, September 26, 2010

A trip to the candy, er, um, I mean a trip to the grocery store!


I am not one of those lucky people that have a Whole Foods location near them. The closest one to BFE is about 30 miles, so I rarely (ok, that's a lie -- I NEVER) get to go! BUT... When I am able to visit my dearest friend, Dottie, in Houston, Whole Foods is a mere couple of blocks from her home!

Is there anything better for a foodie than walking into a grocery store (that seems like such a mere term) and seeing the most BEAUTIFUL of ingredients spread as far as the eye can see? I think not.



Whole Foods is the mini-Mecca of "foodie-ism" in Houston. The REAL Mecca is H-E-B's Central Market on Westheimer, but I have yet to take my camera in. Maybe next time!!



I finally remembered to take my camera to Whole Foods on this trip and these are some of the things I found!! (I do have to admit that the camera couldn't compete with the food after the Produce Dept.! Oh well, maybe next time!)



1 comment:

  1. Wegmens is building one of their amazing grocery stores in my neighborhood. I can't wait for it to be finished. There are 3 other grocery stores in a 3 mile radius from me and all three lack a crucial element to be considered a decent grocery store; a well rounded produce department. I usually end up going to at least two of the stores to get everything I need and that really is a pain.

    Keep up the posting, I am loving it.

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete